Pages

Wednesday 11 July 2018

Our Holiday in Israel

Shalom! :)

A few days ago, we arrived in Israel - a Middle Eastern country on the Mediterranean Sea.
Our dad grew up in Israel along with his entire family, and many, many pets. We're staying in a Kibbutz where he lived. Their are many kibbutzim in Israel, but our Kibbutz, Kfar Blum, is a small community where everyone chips in to help each other to get an even share of everything. There is no money, no fences, barely any cars and grass everywhere. There is also a local supermarket, pool, hotel, school, laundry and a dining room for everyone to enjoy. Everything is only a bike away and the entire kibbutz is basically one big family.
















Yesterday, mum, dad, me, my brother and our cousins went kayaking along the Jordan River. The Jordan river is around 252 kilometres long and flows from West Asia to the Dead Sea. The cold water was really nice under the 30-degree heat, and I had a great time; especially when I 'accidently' hit my brother Shai in the head with an oar.  The river is still home to a huge variety of wildlife and birds. Over 500 species of birds are migrating to the area seasonally, and a few swooped into the water and sat on the edge of our boat. The rapids were pretty smooth and we all got in one big raft. The day was perfect and we all had so much fun!











2 comments:

  1. Hi Kaya,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write and tell us all about your amazing experience. It sounds like you are not only enjoying time with your family, but also learning and making life long memories. I can't wait to read more about your adventures.
    Ms Ducky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kaya, my name is Myer and I go to Tautoro School. I really enjoyed reading your time that you spent with your family. Maybe next time you could name who the people are in the photo. I have never been to Israel and I hadn't heard of it either so it was good to read your post. I am going to use Google Earth to fly to Israel and have a look. If you want you can blog me later. At this link here: https://tsmyerlaylas.blogspot.com/ Blog you later.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.