Pages

Sunday 12 August 2018

My Chocolate Paradise

Exactly two days, eleven hours, and forty minutes ago, we went to a chocolate making workshop. The taste of icing may be permanently stuck on my tongue. It's in a kibbutz called Dafna, and in my opinion, it has the potential to out-do Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.


First, we entered the chocolate store. All over the room there were chocolate shoes, footballs, teddy bears, and love hearts with all kinds of chocolate flavours. It got even better as we visited the museum.

The museum was only a room big, but you could see all the workers making chocolate through a glass wall. I was kind of hoping they would be short and orange with curly green hair, but oompa loompas or not, it was still awesome to watch the process of chocolate making. On the other side of the room, we could see the chocolate masterpieces - I had a few favourites.






After we had a look at the museum, we went to our chocolate workshop. A lady was waiting in a large room lined with tables. First, we were quizzed about the different types of chocolate, how to tell them apart, and its history. She let us taste chocolate without the sugar, and our reaction wasn't pretty.

Next, she scattered small, laminated drawings over the table. We picked our own, and I chose a cute, little mouse. The drawings were simple and easy to trace, which is exactly what we did with chocolate icing. We went over all the lines, and then filled the middle in with white chocolate, leaving just the outline.

While we waited for those to freeze, the lady squirted a thick strip of white chocolate across the table. She gave us a plate filled with sprinkles, another with coconut, and our own with four chocolate truffles. We got to decorate them. We rolled them into balls and dipped them in the white chocolate to stick our chosen toppings together. We could also keep them as cubes and just layer the top with the white chocolate, then design it with our leftover chocolate icing.


As we added the final touches to our truffles, our other creations had set. The lady called out our names and we came up to collect them - they turned out so well! We were sitting next some friendly americans, and we all joined in a celebratory picture.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kaya,This is really weird because My name is Kaya too and I have a friend called Kaya anyway I go to Tautoro school and the chocolate looks delicious and the chocolate designs are very very creative I wish I could go there. Are you still in israel?.Blog you later-Kaya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kaya, I have met lots of kaias but none with their name spelt like mine. The chocolate workshop was definitely the highlight of our trip - we are actually in Honk Kong right now and on our way to New Zealand. We can't wait to come back!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness Kaya - what a marvellous place to go to!!! I can see from your photos exactly why you thought it rivals Willy Wonka's. That Albert Einstein creation is amazing - way too good to eat! You look so happy and I love that it looks like Shai is wearing his triathlon t-shirt across the other side of the world! Happy travels - Koka Ngaire

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm that looks so good and delishes i like how the cupcakes are nicelly packed away
    and they look soo good

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Kaya,my name is Tylah and I go to Kawakawa Primary School. I really liked the chocolate paradise maybe next time you should say what they are. I would really like to go there some time. What was your favourite thing to eat? Here is my blog https://kpstylahd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.