Pages

Wednesday 13 June 2018

My Quickwrite!

Hi. :)
Everyday, we do a Quickwrite.
The whole class is given the start of a random sentence and we have to complete it.
My latest Quick Write started like this:

Mud oozed up between my toes as 
the sun began its descent, hardening the blanket of mud confining me. Dry particles of dirt scattered aimlessly in different directions, continuously spraying soil in the air like a sprinkler.
The sky had now transformed into a murky, coral colour, accompanied by clouds fluffier than marshmallows.
A giant stadium encircled the mud fighting arena, hosting thousands of fans wearing tacky t-shirts with catchy slogans like: 'Mud Fight 4 Life,' and 'Squirt Some Dirt!'
The crazed fans screamed and hollered in delight as they watched contestants pelt me with mud balls, cheering in unison as the competitors struck their signature poses.
As the torturous day came to an end, the crowd filed out of the arena, snickering as they reminisced the afternoon's events. The remaining crusty patches of mud peeled off my skin, and I smiled confidently to myself when an encouraging thought resurfaced in my mind.
I was going to beat them tomorrow.

Thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.